2020-04-07: This site is going to be decommissioned and shut down on 2020-07-01. Please copy and archive any data you wish to keep before that date.
If you were registered and logged in, you could join this project.
OpenETL is a Java based ETL tool that can be natively compiled for better performance. The idea of
provide this tool with GPL licence is to defeat a strong need in the market and provide more choice
for companies all arround the world.
We are on the beginning of the project, most of features are not supported yet.
Join us if you think your work is good and you are an open-source enthusiastic.
We are now working with the project Window layout specification, and evaluating market leader tools to
see what can be done in a better way.
The benefits of this tool is:
- It is based on GPL Licence. (free)
- Strong usage of commercial databases in the market.
- It is based on Java and can be compiled natively on C++ to attend better platform specific performance issues.
- Supports multi-language interface.
- Provides good DW METADATA definitions. (We chase OMG)
- Easy to use graphical user interface. (With drag and drop features)
- Read files from most of sources and formats (Plain text files, XML, FTP, WebServices, etc.)
- Based on JDBC, it can retrieve data from all JDBC supported databases.
- Provide METADATA Analysis.
- Can send reports of extraction procedures routines via e-mail.
- Can schedule automated tasks based on a task-manager.
- It can be added needed features from you or your company-speficic needs.
- The transformation scenario can use strong java based expressions to provide data-cleansing.